Center Console boats are the go-to option for inshore and offshore anglers alike. There are a wide variety of models built to fit almost any need or want.
What’s more is Center Console boats are easily customizable, allowing you to make them into exactly what you want them to be. There are smaller models with shallow drafts letting you get into the shallowest water, and larger models with enough weight and power to take you anywhere you want to go.
With so much variation between boats, if you are looking for the weight it can become a little overwhelming.
So, I’ve done the research on a few models and have the answer for you below.
How Much Does a Center Console Boat Weigh?
How much does a Center Console boat weigh? Depending on the size and options, between 880 lbs. and 8,500 lbs.
The boats we will look at are between 15 Ft and 30 Ft. There are federal and state laws that govern how large of a trailer you can tow without a CDL license or oversize load permits, and 30 Ft will be right at the upper end of what is allowable in most states, though some states will allow larger trailers.
Within this 15 Ft to 30 Ft range, there some great options to choose from that will help you build memories on the water for years to come.
We are going to talk about the dry weight, gear and fuel weight, trailer weight, and Gross Trailer Weight of 9 Center Console models, and by the end, you’ll be a pro.
EdgeWater has an extensive lineup that offers inshore and offshore boats ranging from 15 Ft to 37 Ft, with a wide variety of lengths and styles in between. The 158CS, while a smaller boat, has the benefit of using the technology and build design of some of the larger boats in the fleet.
It has a self-bailing deck, a lot of storage, and platforms in the bow and stern to fish from. This model also offers a Deep-V hull that will give the stability of a much larger boat.
- Dry Weight – 1,570 lbs., including a 90 HP Yamaha outboard.
- Gear and Fuel Weight – approx. 400 lbs. A full 13-gallon fuel tank will weigh about 110 lbs. The rest of the weight would come from any other gear (tackle, fishing poles, paddle, life jackets, etc.) you might bring on board.
- Trailer Weight – approx. 400 lbs. The weight assumes a single axle aluminum trailer.
- Gross Trailer Weight (GTW) – approx. 2,370 lbs.
Hells Bay Professional
Coming in at 17 Ft 8 In, this will be the lightest boat we talk about. Built to get into insanely shallow water, the Professional has a draft of only 4.5” with a 70 HP motor and a full tank of gas.
You will be able to get way back in the mangroves and on the flats other boats aren’t able to reach, which means you’ll be catching the fish others can’t. Hells Bay is known for building some of the best flats skiffs on the market.
- Dry Weight – approx. 880 lbs., including a 70 HP outboard.
- Gear and Fuel Weight – approx. 450 lbs. About 185 lbs. will be fuel, the rest will come from gear o board. Keeping gear weight down will help you get into the shallowest water possible.
- Trailer Weight – approx. 500 lbs. The weight assumes a single axle aluminum trailer.
- Gross Trailer Weight (GTW) – approx. 1,830 lbs.
Key West 188 BR
Key West has been building boats since 1986 and has continued to focus on quality and value in all their models.
With boats ranging from 17 Ft to 35 Ft, their lineup includes center consoles and dual consoles to get you where you want to go.
The 188 BR offers a smooth, dry ride thanks to the “aggressive V” hull design, and plenty of fishing features including fore and aft live wells and a large fishing deck in the bow.
- Dry Weight – 2,087 lbs. with a 150 HP outboard. If you opt for a smaller engine, the weight would decrease.
- Gear and Fuel Weight – approx. 700 lbs. The 188 BR has a 40-gallon fuel capacity, or about 340 lbs. when full. The rest of the weight would come from tackle, rods, ice, etc.
- Trailer Weight – approx. 560 lbs. for a single axle aluminum trailer.
- Gross Trailer Weight (GTW) – approx. 3,347 lbs.
Mako 204 CC
The Mako 204 CC is a lot of boat in a 20 Ft package. It’s ready for anything you want to throw at it – cruising along the shore or going offshore to hunt for larger fish.
It’s designed with a Deep V hull to help cut through the chop, keeping everyone on board dry and comfortable. It offers rod storage, a baitwell, and fish boxes all meant to make your day on the water as easy as possible.
- Dry Weight – 2,635 lbs. including a 225 HP outboard.
- Gear and Fuel Weight – approx. 1,100 lbs. With an 87-gallon fuel tank, about 733 lbs. comes from fuel, the rest will come from other gear on board.
- Trailer Weight – approx. 800 lbs. for a tandem axle aluminum trailer.
- Gross Trailer Weight (GTW) – approx. 4,535 lbs.
Offering a mix between a bay boat and a flats boat, the Shearwater X22 was created to be a fast, dry, versatile fishing machine.
Just under 22 Ft and with large flat casting platforms on the bow and stern, and wide walkaround gunwales, you’ll be able to move around the boat easily to fight your fish wherever it takes you.
There’s also a baitwell, rod lockers, and cast net box putting everything you need at your fingertips.
- Dry Weight – 1,800 lbs. with a 250 HP outboard.
- Gear and Fuel Weight – approx. 950 lbs. The X22 has a 52-gallon fuel tank, about 440 lbs. comes from the weight of fuel.
- Trailer Weight – approx. 775 lbs. for a tandem axle aluminum trailer.
- Gross Trailer Weight (GTW) – approx. 3,525 lbs.
Contender 24 Sport
Being the smallest in the Contender fleet doesn’t mean this boat lacks anything. In fact, the Contender 24 Sport is an excellent boat for a family day on the water.
With a smooth ride and a 130-gallon fuel tank, you can feel comfortable going as far as you want. Add to that the 154-gallons of fish boxes and a 26-gallon live well and you have everything you need to go after the big fish. Troll along the grass-line in the blue water or spend the day on a sandbar, the choice is yours.
- Dry Weight – 5,250 lbs. with a 300 HP outboard.
- Gear and Fuel Weight – approx. 1,700 lbs. About 2,000 lbs. will come from fuel weight and the rest will come from other gear.
- Trailer Weight – approx. 1,025 lbs. for a tandem axle aluminum trailer.
- Gross Trailer Weight (GTW) – approx. 7.975 lbs.
Barker 26 Open
A truly versatile design giving both inshore fishability and open water access, the Barker 26 Open lets you have the flexibility to do it all.
Built for the angler, there are all of the amenities you would expect to have in a fishing boat – 3 bait wells, 2 fish boxes, and under gunwale rod storage, packaged in an attractive design with a smooth dry ride.
- Dry Weight – 5,594 lbs. with ability a 627 HP Seven Marine outboard.
- Gear and Fuel Weight – approx. 1,600 lbs., with about 1,110 lbs. coming from the weight of the fuel.
- Trailer Weight – approx. 1,340 lbs. for a tandem axle aluminum trailer.
- Gross Trailer Weight (GTW) – approx. 8,534 lbs.
Buddy Davis 28 CC
The 28 CC is the smallest boat in the Buddy Davis fleet, and the design and construction benefits from the research and development that goes into some of their larger boats.
Built to be a fishing boat, the Davis 28 CC offers anything you need for a day out in the blue water – rod holders, wraparound gunwales, and large deck areas to fight fish from.
With a 200-gallon fuel capacity, you’ll feel comfortable going as far out as you need to.
- Dry Weight – 7,400 lbs. including twin 300 HP outboards.
- Gear and Fuel Weight – approx. 2,100 lbs. with about 1,690 lbs. coming from the weight of fuel. Gear weight may fluctuate depending on how long you are planning on being out and what you plan to do.
- Trailer Weight – approx. 1,800 lbs. for a triple axle aluminum trailer.
Scout 300 LXF
Scout is one of the premier boat makers of today, providing highly capable boats ranging in length from 17 Ft to 53 Ft.
Known for building great looking and even better-performing boats, the 300 LXF is a powerhouse. With all the fishing options you could want and excellent fit and finish, you will be on the water in style.
Further, this model is the only 30 Ft Center Console that has a berth under the console with the option for air conditioning.
- Dry Weight – approx. 8,542 lbs. including twin 350 HP outboards.
- Gear and Fuel Weight – approx. 2,100 lbs. with about 1,250 lbs. coming from the weight of fuel and about 300 lbs. coming from the water holding tanks on board.
- Trailer Weight – approx. 2,000 lbs. for a triple axle aluminum trailer.
- Gross Trailer Weight (GTW) – approx. 12,642 lbs.
As you can see, there is a wide range of weights in Center Console boats and there is a boat out there for almost everyone.
We were able to look at a small sample size of the boats on the market to help give some clarity to the question of how much does a center console weigh.
To get an accurate answer, you need to look at dry weight, gear and fuel weight, and trailer weight.
Also, keep in mind that there can be some variation between seemingly identical boats because there are a lot of options when it comes to how each boat owner will set up their boat.
Knowing the maximum amount your vehicle can tow, and then staying well below the maximum will help ensure yours and others safety on the road.
Getting out on the water is an excellent way to spend an afternoon and create long-lasting memories. Choosing the right boat for you will help maximize your time on the water.
Best Selling Accessories For Center Console Boats!
- BOAT COVER: Fits Center Console Style Boats with T-Top roofs 22'–24' L, Beam Width To 116"
- 4-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY: We provide a Four-Year Limited Warranty on our Stellex T-Top Boat Cover
- MARINE GRADE BOATING ACCESSORIES: Tough polyester Stellex fabric designed for durability and weather protection shrink, UV protection, and mildew resistance
- PROTECTIVE COVER FOR BOATS: Elastic cord sewn into bottom hem gives a tight, custom-like fit, fabric coating technology resists dirt and stains while providing water repellency, integrated buckle and strap system for easy fitting, adjustable straps snap into quick-release buckles on the cover
- BOAT ACCESSORIES: Storage bag included, integrated buckle and strap system for easy fitting, adjustable straps snap into quick-release buckles on the cover, zippered access for easy installation on tower sides
- Keeps your boat organized and neat
- Holes around the edge are great for hanging lures or tools
- No more excuses for a messy boat
- Color: Black, Bag Size: 37" W x 20" D x 6" H hold up to 6 Type II life jackets
- Made by durable 600-denier polyester UV treated and water-resistant
- Easily mount to most T-Tops, bimini tops and pontoon tops. Designed to hold Type II life jackets and lots of other gear.
- Two zippered compartments and three mesh pockets to organize your gear.
- Stretch cord zig-zagging across the bottom for easy access to towels, rain gear or other items. -Does not include life jackets. one year factory limited warranty