A Ford Edge is an excellent SUV. It was recently named a finalist by Cars Us News for its “2020 Best 2-Row SUV for the Money” award. The Ford Edge was nominated based on its value and overall quality. What makes the Ford Edge such a catch?
Well, the towing capacity for one. SUVs are known for a lot of aspects: their powerful engine, their cargo space and most importantly some might argue, their towing capacity. So how much can a Ford Edge tow? Can a Ford Edge tow a boat?
Well, let’s find out!
How much can a Ford Edge Tow?
Depending on what Ford Edge trim level you end up buying, the towing capacities are between 1,500 lbs to 3,500 lbs.
To find out how much the 2020 Ford Edge can tow depends on what trim level you end up getting.
Can a Ford Edge Tow a Boat?
The short and simple to that is yes, the 2020 Ford Edge can tow a boat. It does not matter what trim level you end up getting because even the entry-level trim can tow up to 1,500 lbs. That means that you will need to stick with smaller boats such as skiffs and smaller sailboats (smaller sailboats as in those between 14 feet and 20 feet).
If you end up opting for a higher trim level then you will be able to tow heavier boats such as wake boats, pontoon boats, and bigger sailboats (bigger sailboats as in those between 20 feet to 30 feet).
If you are set on buying a 2020 Ford Edge then you should figure out what kind of boat you want to tow in the first place. If you love your smaller day sailboat then you do not need to spend extra money on the highest trim level since those smaller sailboats are usually under 1,000 lbs.
However, if you are looking into the entry-level Ford Edge boats but the kind of boats that you want are on the bigger side, let’s say 2,000 lbs and higher, then your entry-level Ford Edge cannot tow it.
More Information about the 2020 Ford Edge| Trim Levels
Before we dive into the different trim levels, let’s take a look and see what is new for the 2020 Ford Edge. There are quite a few nice additions for the new 2020 Ford Edge overall; however, there are some cons that we should highlight as well.
● What is new for the 2020 Ford Edge?
- The 2020 Ford Edge has introduced its new ST trim line
- The 2020 Ford Edge has taken away the CD player
- The 2020 Ford Edge now has dual-zone automatic climate control
- The 2020 Ford Edge dual-zone automatic climate control is available on all trim levels
● What are some PROs for the 2020 Ford Edge?
- The 2020 Ford Edge now comes with plenty of space for passengers, cargo and luggage
- The 2020 Ford Edge has a very quiet cabin. This means that you will not hear the loud noises from the highway, other cars, music, and loud wind noises. Once those windows go up, so will the peace of mind
- The 2020 Ford Edge also comes with plush and comfortable seats. A lot of customers note that the seats are well-padded
- The 2020 Ford Edge is very fuel-efficient
- The 2020 Ford Edge has performance-oriented engines
- The 2020 Ford Edge is available in an array of different colors
● What are some CONs for the 2020 Ford Edge?
- Well, despite being some great pros for the 2020 Ford Edge some cons need to be highlighted.
- For one, the 2020 Ford Edge outward visibility is hampered by the thick roof pillars and blind spots.
- Some customers have complained that the 2020 Ford Edge interior design is dated
- Some customers have complained that the 2020 Ford Edge control layout is bland
- The transmissions responses are a bit slow on the 2020 Ford Edge
- The ride comfortability is a bit on the low side as if your 2020 Ford Edge rides over any bumps or dips, then you feel it. Your passengers will also feel it as well.
- This is not a problem if you usually drive on smooth terrain but if you do not, then the ride will not be very comfortable for you and your passengers.
● 2020 Ford Edge Trim Levels
2020 Ford Edge SE
- The 2020 Ford Edge SE starts at $31,100.00
- The 2020 Ford Edge SE has standard features like a 10-way power-adjustable driver’s seat, cloth upholstery, dual-zone automatic climate control as well as proximity keyless entry.
- The 2020 Ford Edge SE also includes Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, Amazon Alexa, a wi-fi hot spot, satellite radio as well as a six-speaker stereo.
- You can also opt for the rear-seat entertainment system for the 2020 Ford Edge SE which will cost you an additional $1,995.00.
2020 Ford Edge SEL
- The 2020 Ford Edge SEL starts at $34,355.00
- The 2020 Ford Edge SEL comes with a six-way power-adjustable passenger seat, synthetic leather upholstery, heated front seats, heated outside mirror, LED fog lights as well as a nine-speaker premium stereo.
- The 2020 Ford Edge SEL also has a leather-wrapped steering wheel as well for extra comfort.
2020 Ford Edge Titanium
- Next on our list, we have the 2020 Ford Edge Titanium.
- The 2020 Ford Edge Titanium starts at $38,100.00
- The 2020 Ford Edge Titanium includes 10-way power-adjustable passenger seat, a heated steering wheel (the steering wheel is also power-tilt-and-telescoping), and a 12-speaker stereo.
- The 2020 Ford Edge Titanium also includes a driver’s seat memory setting.
- For an additional $4,150.00 you can add a bundle to the 2020 Ford Edge Titanium. That bundle will include a panoramic roof, navigation, ventilated front seats, stop and go adaptive cruise control, heated rear seats, and automatic parking assist.
2020 Ford Edge ST
- The last trim on the list is the 2020 Ford Edge ST
- The 2020 Ford Edge ST starts at $43,265.00
- The 2020 Ford Edge ST comes with a V6 engine and standard all-wheel drive.
- The 2020 Ford Edge ST has similar features to the 2020 Ford Edge Titanium trim level
- The 2020 Ford Edge ST has an ST Performance Brake package.
- The ST Performance Brake package comes with new wheels, vented brakes, summer-only tires, performance brake pads as well as upgraded front rotors-all for $2,695.00
The Takeaway|Is the Ford Edge the Car for You?
Overall, the Ford Edge is a great vehicle no matter what trim level that you choose. Each trim level has different specs that will speak to each person. Please do keep in mind that these are the statistics and information based on the 2020 model, which is the most recent. If you are looking into buying an older model, then do keep in mind that these specs might be different depending on the year that you are looking into.