Fishing from a kayak is one of the best ways to get closer to nature as well as get more in touch with our heritage and roots. Kayaks have been used for thousands of years, and are one of the earliest ways that human beings went out to catch food for themselves.
In fact, fish was the primary source of protein for most human beings and continues to be 20% of animal protein consumed around the globe. In the western world, we tend to stray from our roots and fill our bodies with heavy red meat and processed foods far too often. While we don’t disparage a good steak it is good for the body and soul to get back to our roots once in a while.
However, if you are looking to traverse on the water in search of food as our ancestors once did, you’re going to need the right kayak. While our ancestors wouldn’t have had the high-tech resources we have, another tradition for human beings is progress.
For that reason, we are going to be looking at the highly approachable inflatable kayaks, both tandem and single, that will make fishing a breeze.
Best Inflatable Kayaks for Fishing (Single, Tandem)
The best inflatable kayak for fishing will be the one that best suits your needs based on your level of experience, budget, intending location, and what type of fishing you intend to do.
To learn more about what to look for when buying an inflatable kayak for fishing, and to get a list of our favorites, keep on reading. We’ll give you all the information you need to make the right choice for you.
There are many different variations and options when it comes to inflatable kayaks. Below, we will take a look at these variations so you can consider which options you want to look for when choosing the inflatable kayak that’s right for you.
There are a few different options when it comes to the main material that your inflatable kayak is constructed with. Each one comes with its advantages and disadvantages. Here are the materials you should be looking for when making your purchase, and the pros and cons of each one.
We are all familiar with PVC when it comes to inflatables, as that is primarily what they were made with until fairly recently. The smell is sure to bring you some nostalgia of the first inflatable kayak your father purchased when you were a kid. Since it has been around so long, it is one of the most affordable materials on the market. If budget is your primary concern, looking at PVC kayaks is the way to go.
However, PVC is not going to be as durable as some of the other materials. In particular, PVC degrades very quickly in direct sunlight. If you live in a bright, semi-tropical climate such as Florida, you may want to go ahead and invest in something a bit tougher.
Nitrylon is one of the materials that is going to be a lot more hardy than PVC. It is very puncture-resistant, so if you plan on going to locations with a lot of sharp rocks or tree branches in the water, this could also be a better option for you.
If you are planning on taking your inflatable kayak onto icy waters, Nitrylon is also the best option for you, as it performs very well in colder climates. Kayaks made from Nitrylon will weigh a bit more than those made of PVC, but your kayak will still be easier to transport than a non-inflatable.
Hypalon is what the US Coast Guard uses to make its inflatable boats, so you already know that this is going to be the most durable material on the market. Inflatable kayaks made of this material are going to be the most expensive, but they will also last the longest. If you are looking to invest in a long-time hobby, this is the material you need to be looking for.
Fishing is often done best with a child, parent, or partner. If you aren’t always planning on going out alone, you are going to want to ensure that your kayak has space for an extra person or two. Make sure to factor all potential use cases into your considerations.
In this article, we are going to focus on highly-specialized fishing kayaks. However, there are many other inflatable kayaks that are made to do other things, such as whitewater rafting, that are made to be “fishing-friendly”. If you are wanting to do more in your kayak than just fishing, you may want to take a look at these multi-use kayaks instead of one that is made primarily for fishing.
Now that you have considered all of the above, you can begin to dive into our list of top inflatable fishing kayaks below. Just be sure to keep your budget, needed capacity, and intended use in mind, and you will be sure to make the best choice for yourself.
Best Inflatable Fishing Kayaks of 2020
Sea Eagle 435 Inflatable Fishing Kayak | 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
This tandem inflatable fishing kayak can be rowed by a singular person, so it is a great choice if you will be going out alone or bringing a child or friend with you depending on the day. Better yet, it only weighs 41 pounds, so you’ll have no problem getting it out onto the water by yourself for a relaxing day of fishing out on the lake.
Amazingly, this kayak has a load capacity of 650 pounds, meaning you can bring plenty of fish back with you at the end of the day. Its I-beam construction makes it feel very sturdy as well, so you won’t feel like you’re tipping when you’re reeling in the catch of the day for dinner.
We also love this product for first-timers, as it comes with two oars as well as the foot-pump, so you won’t need to buy a lot of accessories right off the bat. This is a great option for someone buying their first inflatable fishing kayak as it covers all the bases at an affordable price.
Capacity – 2 people
Weight – 41 pounds
Load – 650 pounds
Length – 14 ft. 6 in.
Advanced Elements Straitedge Angler Pro | 4 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
This small fishing kayak is the perfect option if you are planning on going out on your own for just a couple of hours at a time. For the recent-retiree or weekend hobbyist, this is a great, no-fuss option to get you started.
While you won’t be able to do overnight fishing trips due to the weight capacity of 400 pounds, you won’t have any problem going out during the day and getting close to nature.
This kayak is designed specifically with fishing in mind, so you will find it to be very comfortable as you are waiting for that first bite. It is also designed to be very stable despite its short length, so you won’t have any problems bracing yourself as you reel in that first catch of the morning.
This single-person inflatable fishing kayak has a unique metal frame which actually lets you mount your own after-market rod holders and other fishing equipment. This is definitely the perfect daily-use kayak for the serious lake fisherman.
However, don’t think this kayak is just built for those who plan to laze around all day. It is constructed to withstand Class III whitewater, and the short length makes it easily maneuverable down winding rivers and streams. If its a bit of a trek to your favorite fishing spot, you won’t have a problem getting there with this boat
Capacity – 1 person
Weight – 45 pounds
Load – 400 pounds
Length – 10 ft. 6 in.
Aquaglide Blackfoot HB Angler XL Inflatable Kayak | 4 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
This fishing kayak is a bit of a middle-of-the-road option if you are stuck between the first two options. While it is a singular-person inflatable fishing kayak, it can be used as a two-person kayak in a pinch. This would likely be for shorter excursions with a child, but if you want a fishing kayak for yourself with an option to take your tike along, this is the inflatable fishing kayak for you.
The Blackfoot HB is actually the lightest kayak on this list, weighing in at 37 pounds. Another neat feature: it comes with its own backpack. If you want to be able to catch that night’s dinner during your hiking excursion, this could be a really great option for you as it is highly portable.
This awesome fishing kayak also comes with its own fish cooler, and a removable seating platform if you like to sit higher while you are fishing. This is definitely a fishing-focused kayak, but it is nice that it has some versatility in that it can be a two-person paddling kayak in case that’s how your day shapes out to be.
Capacity – 1 person, 2 people if not fishing
Weight – 38 pounds
Load – 600 pounds
Length – 12 ft. 8 in.
- 【2 Pack of Deluxe Padded Kayak Seats】We only use high quality material.Our canoe backrest is made of durable UV-resistant neoprene+600D polyester,internally filled with EVA foam+PE plate which offers more cushioning than other kayak seats!Marine-grade material offers you excellent waterproof effect;non-slip contoured padded seat surface adds extra comfort and safety while you're out and about in the waters;a built-in ventilation system to help keep any paddler cool and dry
- 【Incredible Comfortable and Shockproof】The deluxe molded foam kayak seat looks like it belongs in a high-end sports car rather than a kayak with its deep molded center panels and the contrasting black molded foam perimeter padding.Extra thick seat and backrest foam padding,not only offers ultimate shock-proof performance,but also provides couch-like comfort,comfortably supports your back and butt,allows you to do water sports for a whole day without tired!
- 【Ergonomic Backrest and Detachable Zipper Storage Bag】The ergonomic 18'' tall backrest of the deluxe kayak seat perfectly fits to your body,offers maximum high back support and incredible comfortable,encouraging a long day of kayaking without having to worry about back pain!Each kayak Fishing seat comes with a FREE detachable zipper storage bag which is coated by water resistance material,convenient for you to store your kayak accessories,additional tackle,lunch boxes or your personal belongings
- 【4 Adjustable Straps with Solid Marine Grade Brass Clips】4 adjustable front and rear straps designed with marine grade brass connecting snaps which are solid,durable and rust-proof in seawater,allow you to clip the seat easily to your kayak and fix it in place firmly.4-way adjustable mounting straps gives a wide range of adjustability to accommodate most sit-on-top kayak,canoes,inflatable Kayaks,some SUP paddle board that have strap attachment points and other boats
- 【Get More Happy in the Water Sports】18 inches x 20.4 inches backrest size,12.2 inches x 15.3 inches seat size,our Boat Seat is easy to install and removal,upgraded version of widened attachment straps for even more solid positioning,which helps prevent seat slippage!Suitable for kayaking, canoeing, drifting and rafting,pelican kayak,elevated kayak,sundolphin kayak,lifetime kayak,ascend kayak.Perfect for sit-on-top kayak paddlers!Get more happy in the water sports with our padded kayak seat!
- ♛High Quality Material:100% high quality material.The Mounting Bracket Clip is made of high quality plastic material,this product is sturdy and durable,which is not out of shape.The kayak motor mount clips with high strength,high hardness,not easy to break.Good quality can provide a safer guarantee for your life.
- ♛Features:The Mounting Bracket Clip has small in size, light in weight,which it is easy to carry and store.When suspended from an engine,the hull will not be burdened,which help you save a lot of time and energy so as to improve work efficiency greatly.You can carry it wherever and whenever.
- ♛Easy Installation:The Mounting Bracket Clip is very easy to install and use.It is definitely a ideal and perfect accessory for beginner.The plastic motor mount clip is a great accessory for kayak,boat,canoe.
- ♛Scope of Application:The Mounting Bracket Clip is designed to clip engine motor stand holder.It can be suitable for various types of ships.like kayak,boat,canoe.This motor bracket of fishing boat is a good product with high performance-price ratio.
- ♛After-sales Guarantee:If you have any questions about the product,or you encounter problems with your use,you can contact us directly.We will provide you with a solution in good time.No need worry about after-sale services.
- Product Dimensions: 42.5 * 42.5 inches, Coiled/folded diameter: 15.7 inches .
- Made of eco-friendly strong cloth, this sail is durable and sturdy, which maintains sail shape even in high wind conditions. It won't turn a kayak or canoe into a complex, heavy sailing craft.
- Compact design, easy to set up and deploy quickly. Clear window enables you to view things behind sail.
- Easy to use, hold the clips to keep kayak go forward, and just lay it down to stop.