If you’re looking for an affordable and unique way to experience Florida’s waterways, living aboard a boat could be the perfect solution. Florida is home to some of the best liveaboard marinas in the country, offering a range of amenities and prices to suit any budget. Whether you’re a seasoned sailor or just looking for a change of pace, there’s a marina out there that’s perfect for you.
What’s the cheapest liveaboard marina in Florida?
Some marinas charge by the length of your boat and others charge a flat fee, so the cheapest marina depends on the size of your boat. Under 30 feet, the cheapest livaboard marina in Florida is Green Cove Springs Marina. Over 30 feet, the best deal is at Riviera Resort and Marina in Deland.
When it comes to finding the cheapest liveaboard marinas in Florida, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, location matters. Marinas located in more remote or less popular areas tend to be less expensive than those in major cities or tourist destinations. Second, size matters. The larger your boat, the more you can expect to pay in slip fees. Finally, amenities matter. Some marinas offer more amenities than others, and those that offer more will typically be more expensive.
If you have a bit more room in your budget and don’ necessarily need to find the cheapest marina in Florida, there are tons of options available to you. Check out our guide to the best liveaboard marinas in Florida (if your budget allows, otherwise, keep on readin’)!
Cheapest Liveaboard Marinas in Florida
If you’re looking for an affordable way to live on the water, Florida has plenty of options for you. In this section, we’ll cover the top five cheapest marinas where you can live on your boat in Florida, as well as amenities and services, security and safety, location and attractions, boat maintenance and regulations, living aboard, luxury liveaboard marinas, and hurricane holes.
Top 5 Cheapest Liveaboard Marinas in Florida
- Titusville Marina: Starting at just $11.50 per foot per month, Titusville Marina is one of the most affordable liveaboard marinas in Florida. The marina offers basic amenities such as water and electricity, as well as laundry facilities and showers. It also has an indoor Captain’s lounge and a newly remodeled ship store. It’s also conveniently located near grocery stores, restaurants, and bike rentals.
- Green Cove Springs Marina: With monthly rates starting at $8.50 per foot per month, Green Cove Springs Marina is another affordable option for liveaboards. The marina offers basic amenities like showers, Wifi, and laundry facilities. Still, it bills itself as a “true DIY experience,” so while the staff is friendly, don’t expect much else in the way of luxurious amenities. That said, it’s conveniently located near attractions in St. Augustine and Jacksonville.
- Eau Gallie Yacht Basin: At just $200 per month, Eau Gallie Yacht Basin in Melbourne offers affordable rates for liveaboards. The marina offers amenities such as a laundromat, picnic pavilion, and an onsite upholstery shop. It also provides easy access to nearby attractions like Melbourne Beach and the Kennedy Space Center.
- Point South Bay Point: With monthly rates starting at $17.50 per foot, Point South’s Bay Point Marina in Panama City Beach is slightly more expensive than the others on our list, but it offers much more in the way of amenities for liveaboards. In addition to the usual shower facilities and Wifi, the marina also has a private pool overlooking the bay, complimentary laundry facilities, and coffee, and it offers services like pontoon boat rentals (though it’s pretty easy to rent a boat in Florida, regardless of where you are). The marina offers easy access to nearby attractions like Panama City Beach and St. Andrews State Park.
- Riviera Resort and Marina: Starting at $120 per month, Riviera Resort and Marina in Deland offers affordable rates for liveaboards. This pet-friendly marina offers amenities such as a heated pool, outdoor grills, picnic tables, and lawn chairs, and offers liveaboarders access to their rec room. Conveniently located on the St. Johns River, this is a budget-boater’s paradise.
Amenities and Services
Most liveaboard marinas in Florida offer basic amenities such as water and electricity, as well as laundry facilities and showers. Some marinas also offer additional amenities such as Wi-Fi, a fitness center, and BBQ grills.
It’s important to consider what amenities are important to you when choosing a liveaboard marina.
Security and Safety
Security is an important consideration when choosing a liveaboard marina. Many marinas have security cameras and surveillance to ensure the safety of their residents. Some marinas also have security gates and require key cards or codes to enter the property.
Location and Attractions
The location of a liveaboard marina is also an important consideration. Some marinas are located near popular attractions like beaches, restaurants, and bike rentals, while others are more secluded.
For example, Point South Bay Marina is in Panama City beach, a great spot for parties and fine dining – big city-type attractions. Incidently, Panama City Beach is one of our picks for the overall best places to boat around Florida.
On the other hand, Riviera Resort and Marina is in Deland. While it’s a nature-lover’s paradise, there’s an old saying about Deland Florida: Ain’t nothing there but De Land and De Trees.
It’s important to consider what kind of location you prefer when choosing a liveaboard marina.
Boat Maintenance and Regulations
Boat maintenance and regulations are important considerations when living aboard a boat. Many marinas have pump-out stations and pump-out services, as well as docks and mooring options. It’s also important to be aware of regulations regarding electricity and pedestals, as well as drying facilities for wet gear.
Living aboard a boat can be a unique and fulfilling experience.
Many marinas allow pets and offer customer service to their residents. It’s important to be aware of daily, weekly, and annual rates, as well as income tax considerations.
Luxury Liveaboard Marinas
For those looking for a more luxurious liveaboard experience, Florida has plenty of options. Many luxury liveaboard marinas offer amenities such as spas, pools, and restaurants, as well as cable TV and easy access to nearby attractions.
Hurricane holes are important considerations for liveaboards in Florida. These are marinas that are designed to offer protection during hurricanes and tropical storms, and many marinas offer evacuation plans for their residents.
Living aboard a boat in Florida can provide an affordable and unique way to experience the state’s beautiful waterways. With a variety of marinas to choose from, there are options available for every budget and preference. Whether you’re looking for a budget-friendly marina or a more luxurious experience, Florida has something to offer.
When searching for the cheapest liveaboard marinas, factors such as location, size of the boat, and available amenities should be considered. Marinas located in remote or less popular areas tend to offer more affordable rates. The size of the boat can also impact slip fees, with larger vessels often incurring higher costs. Amenities vary from marina to marina, so it’s important to assess what facilities are important to you.
Some of the cheapest liveaboard marinas in Florida include Titusville Marina, Green Cove Springs Marina, Eau Gallie Yacht Basin, Point South Bay Point Marina, and Riviera Resort and Marina. These marinas offer a range of amenities and services at affordable rates, providing a comfortable living experience for boating enthusiasts.
Additionally, when choosing a liveaboard marina, it’s crucial to consider factors such as security and safety measures, the marina’s location and nearby attractions, boat maintenance and adherence to regulations, as well as the overall experience of living aboard.
Whether you’re seeking an affordable option or a luxurious lifestyle, Florida’s liveaboard marinas offer opportunities to enjoy the unique experience of living on the water.